Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Art - HELP!!

So I am getting ready to move at the end of January. I've got my new place picked out, turned in all my application fees and everything is ready for me to move in on Feb. 1st.

I am going to move in with a friend and we have been deciding how we are going to decorate the apartment. Pretty much all of it is outlined real well and we know that we want a nice relaxed vibe when you walk into the living room. We've got ideas for couches, curtains, etc. The problem is we have this enormous bare wall. There are no windows, lightswitches or anything: Just a boring wall. The worst part is you will be staring at this wall the second we open the door to our place. After some quick thinking on both our parts we decided that the best solution would be to put a large painting/picture on the wall.

Of course picking out a piece of hanging art sounds easy enough, until you go to a sight like this and see "300,000 prints to choose from." So I would like to ask for your help in choosing a picture. I don't really have any stipulations at the moment but as I receive ideas I will try to update this post with a more specific criteria. I just want a large print (20 by 20 at least)that will add a bit of elegance to an apartment. Stuff like pablo picasso, Ansel adams, monet, and others.

Please send me a message if you have something in mind. Oh, and I absolutely love panoramic photos.


Resources:
http://www.art.com/
http://www.allposters.com/
http://www.barewalls.com/

No comments: