Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Bad marketing


Would you buy this for you child? If you answered yes then you are obviously not paying attention to the picture. Lets examine some of the finer details of this childrens toy.

First I want you to look at the kids on the box. Does something seem a little off? Thats because these kids aren't even playing with the toy because they were photoshopped in!! So I guess kids were so bored playing with this thing they couldn't appear to have fun so they just digitally added some happy kids.

Next, I really want to know why this childrens toy has a logo that features dripping blood. It doesn't seem necessary to put gore on a childrens toy box but apparently thats the direction these marketers wanted to go. And I am not even going to bring up the demon in the corner. ????????



This set also features "blocks!"



Wait a minute. Those "blocks" are cars. OK.

What is railway 1? And why did it need a sequel that doesn't have rails. I can imagine it now:

EXECUTIVE. We need to get the sequel to "Railway I" out right away.
MANAGER. But... all we have ready is a car set.
EXECUTIVE. No time, no time, just change the logo. And Henderson?
MANAGER. Yes sir?
EXECUTIVE. Don't forget the demon.




Flashing Enter?

All right. I'm done making fun of this product. At least it has instructions

No comments: